Honiton Concert for ELF
Exeter Leukaemia Fund is delighted to announce that the well known Isca Ensemble will be performing for the charity, in Honiton. Directed by Roger Hendy, the orchestra will perform pieces by Corelli, Finzi, Mozart, Dag Wiren, and Schubert. John Dalton
Exeter Leukaemia Fund is delighted to announce that the well known Isca Ensemble will be performing for the charity, in Honiton.
Directed by Roger Hendy, the orchestra will perform pieces by Corelli, Finzi, Mozart, Dag Wiren, and Schubert.
John Dalton, ELF Trustee, and music critic recommends this concert, to be given by one of the leading chamber orchestras in the South West, under its dynamic conductor Roger Hendy.
Mr Dalton said: "Made up of hand-picked players from the area, their concerts are always eagerly awaited. The programme for the Honiton concert will be particularly appealing, with Corelli's famous Christmas Concerto, and a performance with the brilliant clarinetist Chris Gradwell of the Concerto by English composer Gerald Finzi. Mozart will also be in the programme with his ever-popular Divertimento in F major.
You may also want to watch:
Additionally, the concert provides a rare opportunity to hear Mahler's arrangement of the beautiful slow movement of Schubert's Death and the Maiden String Quartet."
Tickets, all unreserved, cost �8 for centre nave and �6 for side aisles, with accompanied children under 14 free.
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 3 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 4 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 5 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 6 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"
- 7 Grassroots sport under the Lords microscope
- 8 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 9 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 10 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
The concert takes place at 7.30pm on Saturday, October 10, at St Paul's Church, Honiton.
Please call the ELF Office on (01392) 493344, or A Dimond & Co, Stationers, 74 High Street, Honiton (Opposite the Church), Tel: (01404) 42052, for advance tickets.
ELF supports the excellent work of the Haematology Centre at the RD&E Hospital by providing funds for enhanced patient care, state of the art equipment, and research.