Jazz quartet to perform in Shute
- Credit: Archant
The music of Dave Brubeck to be played in Shute.
St Michael’s Church in Shute will be welcoming The Neil Maya Quartet - ‘Dave Brubeck Project’ for a performance in February.
This event has proved popular across the county and has sold out at many village halls in Devon last year, playing such classics as Blue Rondo A La Turk, Unsquare Dance and of course Take Five.
In the first half the quartet play other standards and some of the band’s own well loved compositions to thrill and excite. In the second half the band devotes itself entirely to Brubeck.
A spokesman for the event said: “This is Shute’s first professional production through the Villages in Action scheme and we hope it will be a great success.
You may also want to watch:
“Let this superb quartet immerse you in the cool sounds of one of the world’s greatest jazz bands, the Dave Brubeck Quartet for an evening.”
The Neil Maya Quartet will be performing at St Michael’s Church, Shute, at 7pm, on Friday, February 9.
- 1 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 2 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 3 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 4 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 5 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
- 6 Children’s hospice South West celebrates 30 years
- 7 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 8 A tribute to Axminster mayor Anni Young
- 9 East Devon MPs 'reluctantly agree' on Lockdown Three
- 10 Beer Men's Shed receives £10,000 lottery funding
Profits in aid of the church fabric fund.
Tickets (adults £9, children £7, family £25) available from Archway Bookshop, Axminster or phone 01404 831675.