Jazz quartet to perform in Shute
- Credit: Archant
The music of Dave Brubeck to be played in Shute.
St Michael’s Church in Shute will be welcoming The Neil Maya Quartet - ‘Dave Brubeck Project’ for a performance in February.
This event has proved popular across the county and has sold out at many village halls in Devon last year, playing such classics as Blue Rondo A La Turk, Unsquare Dance and of course Take Five.
In the first half the quartet play other standards and some of the band’s own well loved compositions to thrill and excite. In the second half the band devotes itself entirely to Brubeck.
A spokesman for the event said: “This is Shute’s first professional production through the Villages in Action scheme and we hope it will be a great success.
You may also want to watch:
“Let this superb quartet immerse you in the cool sounds of one of the world’s greatest jazz bands, the Dave Brubeck Quartet for an evening.”
The Neil Maya Quartet will be performing at St Michael’s Church, Shute, at 7pm, on Friday, February 9.
- 1 'Unmissable' music show a treat for Beehive audiences
- 2 PM had to be cautious on next step, says MP
- 3 Farm opens gardens and wildflower meadows to support good causes
- 4 4 common roofing problems and how you can fix them
- 5 Walkers get ready to step out in the twilight for Hospiscare
- 6 Tim Martin of Wetherspoons wants government to offer visas to EU workers to help out in pubs
- 7 Axminster bowlers travel to Seaton for a challenging fixture
- 8 Royal College of Midwives calls for long-term investment in NHS staff
- 9 Leanne's charity pledge to spread the word on vision awareness
- 10 Traders repay public's support with a fortnight feast of fiver offers
Profits in aid of the church fabric fund.
Tickets (adults £9, children £7, family £25) available from Archway Bookshop, Axminster or phone 01404 831675.