What’s on in July at The Beehive, Honiton
- Credit: David Appleby
Comedy, music, film and musicals, including live screenings of theatre productions in London
Another sold-out show, Jethro, the Count of Cornwall takes place on Friday, July 5. The following evening, Saturday 6, there is a concert by the rock and soul community choir Sweet Honi with special guests the Honiton Band for an entertaining evening. Profits from the concert will go to Hospiscare and MIND.
Terry Stacey will be hosting the free Acoustic Café session from 8pm on Wednesday 10, always with a warm welcome and supportive atmosphere, whether you wish to perform or just relax with a drink and listen.
On Friday 12 at 7.20pm there is a live screening of a fabulous production of The Merry Wives of Windsor (12A), being filmed and broadcast from Shakespeare's Globe. Double-meanings, disguises and dirty laundry abound as Sir John Falstaff sets about improving his financial situation by wooing Mistress Page and Mistress Ford. But the Merry Wives quickly cotton on to his tricks...
The spectacular live-action remake of the Disney classic Aladdin (PG) will be screened on Saturday 13 at 3pm. Gold-hearted street-rat Aladdin dreams of a better life, Princess Jasmine dreams of freedom and the Genie (Will Smith) may be the key to their future.
You may also want to watch:
On Friday 19 and Saturday 20 at 7.30pm, Taron Egerton stars in the amazing musical fantasy film Rocketman (15) about Elton John's breakthrough years.
The Secret Life of Pets 2 (U) continues the hilarious adventures of Max and his pet friends on Saturday 20 at 3pm.
- 1 Half-year property sales are twice the five-year average
- 2 What’s in a town crest - mermaids, plants pregnant woman or all three?
- 3 Fancy a pint? Help support the survival of your local
- 4 Yarty Party Time - and what a success
- 5 United front needed to ensure Devon does not remain the poor relation
- 6 Town's Market Charter Day event is set to be biggest, say organisers
- 7 A little respect goes a long way to reducing summer tensions
- 8 Lady Captain's Day at Axe Cliff
- 9 Family pay tribute to popular Colyton man after his tragic death
- 10 Scheme for affordable homes on old football pitch moves step closer
The live screening of the smash-hit National Theatre production of The Lehman Trilogy (12A) is on Thursday 25 at 7pm. Lehman Brothers spectacularly collapses into bankruptcy triggering the largest financial crisis in history.
There are two films on Friday 26; '50s rom-com Sabrina (U) starring Audrey Hepburn, William Holden and Humphrey Bogart is the 2pm nostalgic dementia-friendly film. Julianne Moore excels as the free-spirited Gloria Bell (15) at 7.30pm.
Finally, the eagerly anticipated The Sound of Music performed by Honiton Community Theatre Company is on Thursday 31 - Sat 3rd, a must-see show for all the family.
The Beehive says: "For more details visit our website, call us on 01404384050 or pop in to say hello and pick up a flyer. Happy summer, we look forward to seeing you soon."