Pianist Nina Savicevic to perform at Jean Price Memorial Concert
- Credit: Archant
A concert takes place every year in memory of Honiton harpist Jean Price, who died in 2016.
The next Jean Price Memorial Concert takes place at the Sidholme Music Room in Sidmouth, on Tuesday, May 7.
Jean, a professional harpist from Honiton who died in 2016, left a legacy to the East Devon Music Festival, which holds a concert every year in her memory.
The concert will be a free recital by the highly acclaimed young pianist, 18-year-old Nina Savicevic.
Nina has been playing since she was five years old, and will take up a scholarship place at the Royal Northern College of Music this autumn.
You may also want to watch:
Her recital, part of the Sidholme Spring Music Festival, has the following programme;
Bach: Allemande, Courante, Sarabande, Air, Menuet, Gigue.
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 3 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 4 How would you feel about giving up your car?
- 5 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 6 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 7 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 8 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 9 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 10 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
Beethoven: The Tempest
Mozart: Sonata in a Minor K310, second and third movements
Debussy: La Cathedrale Engloutie
Chopin: Nocturne in C Sharp Minor
Chopin: Ballade no 1 in G Minor, Opus 23.
The concert starts at 7.45pm and will end at 9pm. There is no admission fee, but there will be a retiring collection.