Quizzes, memories and music - lots to do in East Devon
- Credit: Archant
There are plenty of events lined up in East Devon - here are just a few
? Honiton Hospital League of Friends will be hosting a quiz night on Saturday, April 15.
The event is set to take place at the Honiton Conservative Club, starting at 8pm.
Entry costs £2.50 per person.
You may also want to watch:
? A quiz night is due to be held in aid of Honiton Memory Café.
Entrants will be able to test their knowledge on Friday, April 21, at the Mackerness Hall, Honiton.
- 1 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 2 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 3 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 4 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 5 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 6 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 7 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 8 Rural Proofing response will be guided by Labour’s motion says Cabinet at Devon County Council
- 9 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 10 How you can help your children keep up with studying
Those taking part can also benefit from a ploughman’s supper, and there will also be a raffle but participants will need to take their own drinks.
It opens at 7.30pm, for an 8pm start and tickets (£8) are available from Maggie on 01404 850855 or Bev’s Beauty, Dorset Place, Honiton.
? Gittisham Memories will be on display at the village hall for two days in May.
The exhibition will feature historic displays, photos, news, past events and many memories.
Organiser have said there will be plenty to see and are inviting visitors to add to the information, if they know more.
It runs from Saturday, May 13 to Sunday, May 14, at Gittisham Village Hall, from 10am to 4pm.
For more information call Helen Hayman on 07806 480246.
? The 1064 Honiton Air Training Corp will be holding its annual jumble sale and cake stall at its headquarters at 1 King Street (behind weatherspoons) on Saturday, April 22.
All money raised will go to the air cadets for events and activities.
There is no entry fee and light refreshments will be served.
? The Sheldon Singers will perform a selection of music for Good Friday at St Mary’s Church, Uffculme on Friday.
The choir will sing Rutter’s Requiem which extends the text of the traditional requiem mass to include settings of Psalms 23 and 130.
The choir will be accompanied on the organ by Cor Wijngaard and also by Josie Walledge (soprano), Alice Bell (cello) and Alison Davies (soprano saxophone).
The concert on Friday, April 14, at Uffculme Church, starting at 6.30pm. There will be a retiring collection.