Seaton society members enjoy an art demonstration
- Credit: Archant
In its most recent meeting, the Seaton and District Art Society welcomed Dee Cowell, who ran a demonstration called Fur, Feathers and Eyes.
Dee began by saying she grew up in southern Africa where the temperature varies from 18C to 28C.
Members saw a pastel drawing of one of her own cats, which was exquisite.
Dee used coloured pastel paper with squares drawn on it the same colour to save any rubbing out. She did a fabulous pair of eyes belonging to an owl. Having her image divided into four, she then easily sketched into the area. She used light and dark pastels over each colour, rather than blending in.
She captivated the audience, which was a breath of fresh air.
You may also want to watch:
The annual exhibition will be in the Gateway Theatre Town Hall from Saturday, August 5, to Thursday, August 10.
The next demonstration will be Monday, September 4, at 2pm, with the title of ‘Something French’ in watercolours by Lynda Kettle.
- 1 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 2 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 3 March the target for Point to Point racing
- 4 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 5 Remembering the victims of the holocaust
- 6 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 7 The US Open: part two
- 8 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 9 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 10 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax