Two theatre groups will present six plays over two nights in Axminster
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Two theatre groups will be performing six plays over two nights in Axminster.
Theatre-goers have the opportunity to see six plays in Axminster this month.
Axminster Drama Club (ADC) is hosting a one-act play festival over two nights at the Guildhall in the town, with three different plays being staged each night.
The club and its youth section (ADC Youth) will be performing four of the plays and Ottery Community Theatre (OCT) will be performing two.
The running order for the festival, will be ADC Youth presenting I Believe in Angels, ADC performing The Quiz and OCT staging Fairy Tale Ending on Friday, July 19,
These will be followed on Saturday, July 20, with ADC Youth's production of Big Bad and Little Red, ADC's staging of Dead Spot and OCT's performance of Clue Who?
Many of the plays have been written by East Devon playwrights.
- 1 Council on the lookout for site of new East Devon town
- 2 Proposals for new solar farm off land near A30
- 3 Dalwood country fair this August
- 4 Fundraising plea for Honiton community hub
- 5 Dog show to raise vital funds for Devon Air Ambulance and Blue Cross
- 6 Green flag award for four East Devon parks
- 7 Dracula at Seaton - something to sink your teeth into this summer
- 8 'Risk of injury' - Aldi recalls product due to safety fears
- 9 Judi Spiers re-dedicates Pecorama train Jimmy
- 10 Man attacks seagull with cricket bat in Lyme Regis
Tickets are on sale at Archway Bookshop, in Church Street, Axminster, or online at www.ticketsource.co.uk/axminster-drama-club
For those wanting to attend on both nights, there is a special offer of £10 per ticket, or £7.50 for just one night.