String quartet to perform in Shute
- Credit: Archant
The awards-winning Jubilee String Quartet will be performing in Shute in June.
Concerts in the West are bringing the Jubilee String Quartet to perform in Shute at the beginning of June.
Comprising Tereza Privatska (violin), Julia Loucks (violin), Lorena Cantó Woltèche (viola) and Toby White (cello), the group has claimed innumerable prizes and awards, including winning the Val Tidone International Chamber Music Competition 2010 and the St Martin’s Chamber Music Competition 2013.
The music programme for the performance will be Haydn String Quartet In C, Op 54 No 2, Beethoven String Quartet, Op 18 No.1, and Schubert String Quartet No 14 In D Minor (Death And The Maiden).
Catherine Maddocks, director and founder of Concerts in the West, said: “I am delighted to welcome the Jubilee String Quartet for the first time to Concerts in the West. These are incredibly fine young musicians and I am thrilled that they are able to take the time to play for us.”
You may also want to watch:
The group will be performing on Saturday, June 2, at 7.30pm, at St Michael’s Church, Haddon Road, Shute. Tickets cost £15 and are available from The Archway Bookshop, Axminster 01297 33744 at www.eventbrite.co.uk or you can buy on the door.
- 1 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 2 March the target for Point to Point racing
- 3 Remembering the victims of the holocaust
- 4 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 5 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 6 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 7 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 8 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 9 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 10 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax