Summer concerts to take place in August at St Paul’s Church in Honiton
- Credit: Archant
Summer series on concerts lined up for St Paul’s Church in Honiton.
The ever-popular August concerts at St Paul's, Honiton, are just around the corner.
Taking place on Friday lunchtimes, visitors enjoy a tasty lunch, and follow it up with a short concert, featuring the renowned organ in the church, as well as other instruments.
Organisers said the acoustics at St Paul's lend themselves beautifully to these events, and they have proved a great success over the years.
The concerts will start on Friday, August 2, with Kevin Lane (organ) playing 'Classic Favourites', followed by Stephen Bell (organ) and Stuart Paul (trumpet)playing 'Mainly English' on Friday, August 9.
You may also want to watch:
On Friday, August 16, Ian Heavisides (organ) will perform '1685 and all that' and much more.
The last two concerts in the series will be on Friday, August 23, and Friday, August 30, when Richard Lester (organ) will play 'Baroque and rolls' and Andrew Carter (organ), Lynn Carter (oboe) and Catherine Sweatman (soprano) will perform 'Song and Dance', respectively.
- 1 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 2 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 3 Increase in hate crime across Devon and Cornwall
- 4 Legion hosts latest in series of timely war graves walks
- 5 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 6 'We have to look forward and make Jurassic Centre success it deserves to be'
- 7 Honiton runners in the Studland Stampede
- 8 Sky's the limit for popular artist as new exhibition opens
- 9 Jo’s family go the distance to support cancer charity
- 10 'Going out on a high' - food festival chairman hands over the reins after this year's successful event
Lunches will be served from noon for £4.50, and concert tickets (bought on the day) are £5, with the performance starting at 1pm.