Summer concerts to take place in August at St Paul’s Church in Honiton
- Credit: Archant
Summer series on concerts lined up for St Paul’s Church in Honiton.
The ever-popular August concerts at St Paul's, Honiton, are just around the corner.
Taking place on Friday lunchtimes, visitors enjoy a tasty lunch, and follow it up with a short concert, featuring the renowned organ in the church, as well as other instruments.
Organisers said the acoustics at St Paul's lend themselves beautifully to these events, and they have proved a great success over the years.
The concerts will start on Friday, August 2, with Kevin Lane (organ) playing 'Classic Favourites', followed by Stephen Bell (organ) and Stuart Paul (trumpet)playing 'Mainly English' on Friday, August 9.
You may also want to watch:
On Friday, August 16, Ian Heavisides (organ) will perform '1685 and all that' and much more.
The last two concerts in the series will be on Friday, August 23, and Friday, August 30, when Richard Lester (organ) will play 'Baroque and rolls' and Andrew Carter (organ), Lynn Carter (oboe) and Catherine Sweatman (soprano) will perform 'Song and Dance', respectively.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 3 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 4 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 5 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 6 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 7 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 8 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 9 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 10 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
Lunches will be served from noon for £4.50, and concert tickets (bought on the day) are £5, with the performance starting at 1pm.