Summer concerts to take place in August at St Paul’s Church in Honiton
- Credit: Archant
Summer series on concerts lined up for St Paul’s Church in Honiton.
The ever-popular August concerts at St Paul's, Honiton, are just around the corner.
Taking place on Friday lunchtimes, visitors enjoy a tasty lunch, and follow it up with a short concert, featuring the renowned organ in the church, as well as other instruments.
Organisers said the acoustics at St Paul's lend themselves beautifully to these events, and they have proved a great success over the years.
The concerts will start on Friday, August 2, with Kevin Lane (organ) playing 'Classic Favourites', followed by Stephen Bell (organ) and Stuart Paul (trumpet)playing 'Mainly English' on Friday, August 9.
You may also want to watch:
On Friday, August 16, Ian Heavisides (organ) will perform '1685 and all that' and much more.
The last two concerts in the series will be on Friday, August 23, and Friday, August 30, when Richard Lester (organ) will play 'Baroque and rolls' and Andrew Carter (organ), Lynn Carter (oboe) and Catherine Sweatman (soprano) will perform 'Song and Dance', respectively.
- 1 Property of the Week: East Grange
- 2 Tuck into this celebration of East Devon's finest food and drink
- 3 Your chance to be crowned top artist
- 4 East Devon councillor resigns to focus on his business interests
- 5 Hill climbs to the top on Captain’s Day
- 6 Family pay tribute to popular Colyton man after his tragic death
- 7 Walkies! Heath team offers summer advice for dog owners
- 8 Motorists urged: park sensibly, don't drive Devon residents mad
- 9 East Devon MP humbled by care home visit
- 10 Be on your guard against toxic hogweed
Lunches will be served from noon for £4.50, and concert tickets (bought on the day) are £5, with the performance starting at 1pm.