Swinging and singing at Axminster’s Guildhall
Big band music is set to take the stage to provide a great evening of waltzes, foxtrots and much more.
It should be a great evening of waltzes, fox trots, Latin, jive and much more.
The popular 17-piece boasts an impressive line up of professional musicians, some of whom have been playing with AJ’s for more than 20 years.
As well as being noted for its high standard of musicianship, the band is very proud of its featured singer Paula Mitchell.
Paula’s musical career spans 25 years of performing all around the UK and abroad, including the prestigious Gleneagles Hotel, in Scotland, and the Novotel in Time Square, New York.
You may also want to watch:
She has worked at Mama Stones, Exeter, as head of artiste development and vocal coach. She performed backing vocals on Joss Stone’s latest album Colour Me Free. Musical Director Ken Parr comments: “Paula is a truly outstanding big band vocalist with a big personality. Her presence lights up the stage and audiences love her interpretations of both ballads and up tempo numbers.”
The concert is due to take place on Friday, October 15, and tickets for the big band dance night are �12.50, and are available from Archway Book Shop, Axminster. by calling (01297) 33595.
- 1 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 2 March the target for Point to Point racing
- 3 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 4 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 5 Remembering the victims of the holocaust
- 6 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 7 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 8 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 9 The US Open: part two
- 10 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home