Tankus the Henge to play in lyme Regis
- Credit: Archant
Tankus the Henge will be bring great musical agility to Lyjme Regis
Tankus the Henge will be bringing its showmanship to the Marine Theatre in May.
The group is an upbeat festival band that thrills audiences at all of Europe’s biggest shindigs, including Glastonbury, WOMAD, and Montreux Jazz Festival.
Most people remember Tankus the Henge for its wild showmanship; frontman Jaz Delorean occupies the stage with jagger-esque aplomb, leaping from on top of a smoking piano and launching into the audience like an athlete, whenever the moment takes him.
One of the band’s great strengths is its musical agility, that allows Tankus the Henge to incorporate a vast range of genres. Rock, funk, blues, ska, and gypsy music are all there, always underpinned by an infectious energy that contrasts with lyrics that tell stories of wonder and woe.
You may also want to watch:
The group will be perfroming on Friday, May 4.
For ticket details, visit www.marinetheatre.com, or in person: from Lyme Regis and Bridport Tourist Information centres, or by phone: 01297 44213.
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 3 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 4 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 5 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 6 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 7 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 8 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 9 How would you feel about giving up your car?
- 10 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond