Tankus the Henge to play in lyme Regis
- Credit: Archant
Tankus the Henge will be bring great musical agility to Lyjme Regis
Tankus the Henge will be bringing its showmanship to the Marine Theatre in May.
The group is an upbeat festival band that thrills audiences at all of Europe’s biggest shindigs, including Glastonbury, WOMAD, and Montreux Jazz Festival.
Most people remember Tankus the Henge for its wild showmanship; frontman Jaz Delorean occupies the stage with jagger-esque aplomb, leaping from on top of a smoking piano and launching into the audience like an athlete, whenever the moment takes him.
One of the band’s great strengths is its musical agility, that allows Tankus the Henge to incorporate a vast range of genres. Rock, funk, blues, ska, and gypsy music are all there, always underpinned by an infectious energy that contrasts with lyrics that tell stories of wonder and woe.
You may also want to watch:
The group will be perfroming on Friday, May 4.
For ticket details, visit www.marinetheatre.com, or in person: from Lyme Regis and Bridport Tourist Information centres, or by phone: 01297 44213.
- 1 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 2 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 3 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 4 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 5 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 6 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 7 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 8 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 9 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 10 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis