Top flautist to play in Seaton
- Credit: Vanessa Glynn
Music lovers can enjoy the music of Charlotte Ashton and William Vann.
Seaton Music will complete their successful 66th season with a concert by flautist Charlotte Ashton of the BBC Scottish Symphony Orchestra and prize-winning accompanist William Vann.
They will perform a varied programme of works from the Baroque (Handel) to the 20th century (Francis Poulenc, Samuel Barber) and the present day (Stardrift, by Edwin Roxburgh).
Charlotte was recently appointed as principal flute of the BBC Scottish Symphony Orchestra.
She graduated from the Royal Academy of Music in 2015, with a First Class Honours and the Principal’s Prize, where she learned flute with Karen Jones and Sam Coles and piccolo with Sophie Johnson and Helen Keen.
You may also want to watch:
William Vann is a multiple prize-winning accompanist and accomplished choral and operatic conductor.
The concert is at 7.30pm in The Gateway, Seaton, on Thursday, March 22.
- 1 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 2 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 3 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 4 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 5 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 6 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 7 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 8 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 9 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
- 10 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
Tickets available on the door and from The Gateway box office.
The concert will be preceded by a short annual general meeting.