Beer Wurlitzer Show - next show August 11
- Credit: Getty Images/Hemera
Foremost performer played on the Beer Wurlitzer
After a long and hot drive from Leicestershire, Nicholas Martin, BEM, one of the UK’s foremost concert and recording organists, immediately took his seat at the Beer Wurlitzer.
From his opening theme tune ‘Hey, look me over’ to his closing medley of music from the forties, the large audience was privileged to listen to his wide-ranging programme, especially his medleys of show tunes.
Nicholas said: “I am so happy to be at Beer again playing on the smallest and oldest Wurlitzer in the UK and, interestingly, my next show will be at the Troxy in the East End, where I will be playing on one of the largest.”
The next show is on Saturday, August 11, at the Congregational Church, Fore Street, Beer, with Simon Gledhill, one of the world’s best theatre organists. Admittance is £7, including refreshments, children free.
You may also want to watch:
For further information call 01297 24892 or visit www.beerwurlitzer.org.uk
- 1 Latest from the Devon Cricket League
- 2 East Budleigh 2nds 2-1 Millwey Rise
- 3 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 4 Podium return for Axe Valley Pedaller
- 5 The amazing Axminster of 57 years ago
- 6 Lions issue appeal for new members to help fundraising projects
- 7 Property of the Week: Tansee Hill, Thorncombe
- 8 East Devon Property of the Week
- 9 When a waffle is good for your health
- 10 Family campaigns to fund flower barn at 'paradise' site